Friday, August 17, 2012

Chapter 46~ Sounds Of Silence


Edward and I triumphantly walked out of the Castle hand in hand. The sound of cracking concrete and oppressed stone being the only sounds to fill the air. As we meandered in our bittersweet emotions toward the courtyard we quickly noticed the maddening war cries being replaced with vivacious victory cheers. 

Emmett was doing some sort of dancing around a flag pole that had a lifeless Marcus strung up on it. Rosalie was showing an odd happiness as well. All around us was happiness, relief, and freedom.

" Where's Esme?" Rose asked.

" She went back to the compound, she needed to get back to Carlisle." I said.

She smiled and placed her hand on my shoulder. " I never thought I would ever say this Bella, but here it goes." She took an unneeded steadying breath. " We couldn't have ever ended this war with out you."

I didn't hesitate I grabbed her and hugged her. " And I could have never done it without all of you." I said.

After awhile things began to quiet down and Edward and I decided to return to the compound to Jake, Mara, and Carlisle. We opened the doors and again the sounds had me almost frozen.... silence.

" HELLO" I shouted knowing that I could even be heard with a mere whisper but the silence was jarring. Edward squeezed my hand before letting go.

" Mara? Jake? Esme? Carlisle?" He said.

We slowly made our way down to the training center and when we opened the doors we were greeted with serine peace, Mara was asleep laying across Jake's chest, who was also asleep. She was clasping his shirt with one hand and her other was on his cheek. Jake had both arms protectively around her, and was snoring louder then a nuclear bomb.

Quietly we walked over and kneel ed, it only took a light brush of my finger on Jake's arm to wake him. " Bella?" He said in his sleepy voice.

I smiled and let the crimson tears of joy stream down my cheeks. Guilt for what I am had no invitation here. Here in this place, with these vampires, wolves, and creatures, I was perfect, I was me. 

" Hey Jake."

" Mara has been sleeping awhile if you want I can wake her?"

I shook my head, " No, let her rest, we have forever."

I got up taking Edward's hand again we strolled out of the training center toward our room. We were about to enter when Carlisle stopped us.

" Edward, Bella?"

We turned, his eyes were grateful, free. " Hey Carlisle." Edward said.

He ran to us and enveloped us in a three way hug. " Thank you, for all of it."

Words made no sense, apologize, thank you's, it was mind boggling. We all wanted this to end. We all did this. But Carlisle need to be told he was welcome, he needed to show someone his happiness in a way that made sense. " You're welcome." was all I said.

" I spoke to Emmett, he and the rest of them are cleaning up, tomorrow we can head down there blow the place up or do whatever you want Bella." Carlisle said.

" Whatever I want, why?" I asked completely confused.

Edward turned to me and took my face in his hands, " My lovely Bella, the reason it is your choice and no one else is because it's all yours."

I furrowed my brow, I was speechless. " Mine?"

He nodded, " Aro owned not just the castle but the 200 acres beyond that, obviously he never intended to fail therefore only leaving himself responsible for the property, YOU are his only child, making it all yours."

I wanted to be happy, I wanted to act like I just won some lottery but I wasn't I was angry. " I don't want it."

" Bella, you don't have to decide today..." Carlisle began, I interrupted.

" That castle has been a beacon that stands for fear, torment, and demise. I will not allow it to stay you want a castle? Fine have a castle, but rebuild it. Use the land for our kind, Jake's kind whatever you want. But how it is right now is not OK." I stated.

Carlisle smiled, gave a quick nod and rushed down the hallway, clearly to get back to Esme. Edward and I went into our room and we laid across our bed and just stared at each other. He couldn't read my mind right now, but he would again when I had something for only him. By right now all we needed was, us and the sounds of silence.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, what a wonderful way to end this great story. I have enjoyed every chapter, and I am pleased to have a happy ending.I look forward to your next story.Once again, thank you.

    ReplyDelete