Monday, April 23, 2012

Chapter 36 ~ Fall To Grace



Edward and I laid for hours in bed, my heart was a mess, my mind wasn't any better. Part of me wanted to go to Jake's room and beat the shit out of him. Sleep was not going to be paying me a visit any time soon. I sat up and looked at Edward, " I am going to go take a walk, I just can't sleep."

" You want company?"

" You know laying here with you is making is very hard for me to focus on this mess in my head, so I think I need some time by myself."

He gently grabbed my hand and tugged me down to his lips, " Or we don't have to think at all Bella."
Every inch of my skin slowly tingled, it was like that every time he touched me, " You are making me a procrastinator."

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me, lifting me on top of his body, " So procrastinate with me a little while longer."

His eyes sparkled with passion, lust, and desperation, all I could do was stare, " I love you so much Edward, I hate that I ever hurt anyone, but I'm disgusted I ever hurt you."

He caressed my face with his finger and wrapped a strand of my hair behind my ear, his lips separated, I was prepared to hear some words about how I am wonderful and not to worry and all the things he always says to me to make me feel better. But his response was not spoken, He lifted his head and put my mouth on his and took every part of me ravenously.

I didn't pull away, I gave myself to him, at first I thought he just needed it but I think I needed him more. His tongue explored every inch of my body like it was the first time he ever tasted me. His hands were like silk he made the ugly person I felt like inside beautiful. My heart ached for more even when he was inside of me. His arms enveloped around me, I wrapped my legs around him as tight as I could. Every thrust made me whole, every kiss made me stronger. 

We were like this for hours until the sun peeked through the blinds. My body was happily exhausted, my heart was pounding but my mind was clear. Edward just smiled at me, knowing that our love was safe. I would protect him with everything I had and he would do the same.

There was a little knock on the door Edward didn't even look up, " Not right now Doc."

Carlisle tapped again, " I am sorry to interrupt but we have a situation." 

There was no need to ask what it was I just looked at Edward he had a grave look on his face. " We will be right there." It was all he said, he was out of bed and dressed before I had a chance to sit up.

" Edward!"

He looked at me, " Its Mara, let's go."

My heart stopped, what could it be, oh god my perfect bliss turned into a horrific nightmare. Edward was out the door and down the hall, I grabbed my shoes and ran after him. Carlisle was beside me. " What's going on Carlise?"

" Please remain calm Bella, for everyone's sake, just come with me and I will show you."

We reached the training room, the large screen with all the indicator lights was down. " What am I looking at Carlisle, why am I looking at this again?"

Edward was on fire again, full blown rage, " God dammit somebody talk to me!"

Esme glided in, she placed her hands on my shoulder, " stay calm Bella please."

Edward had no voice, I just looked at him and crashed to the floor, " They have her don't they?"

Jake ran in slid down to me, " We will get her back Bella I swear it!"

His voice his fucking voice pushed me right over the edge, I stood up and threw him across the room, " Don't talk to me, don't touch me, don't even fucking think about me!" Suddenly my vision went dark, " I can't see anything!"

" Relax Bella." It was Zafrina

" Zaf, what the hell are you doing, give me my sight back." suddenly I saw Mara running around the flowers in the garden.

" You need to calm down Bella, think of her, feel her, you can  do it." Zaf's voice was relaxing

I breathed slowly, " Is she OK?"

Then I heard Carlisle speak, " From what we can see she is fine, but..."

" BUT WHAT?" I blurted

" Can someone restrain her or something I fear her reaction to this." Carlisle's voice was cracking

My vision was repaired and Edward was standing in front of me, his face was still grave but he was worried, clearly about me, " What is it Edward please, tell me."

He closed his eyes ,put his hands on my shoulders, " We didn't have any indicator light for Mara."
he was right, " Yes, so we don't know they have her!"

" Yes we do." Carlisle said

" Fine how?"

He was futzing with the remote in his hand, Edward shifted behind me clasping my torso with his arms, " Show her."

Hesitantly the doctor hit the switch and Emily's appeared on the screen, her eyes, swollen shut, dirt, blood and tears covered her face. " Oh sweet Jesus!"

Her voice was rough, fear rested on every syllable, " My darling sister, I am so sorry, we tried to keep her safe, we fought until no one was left, they were too strong, they were too many." She would try and swallow only to meet more pain. " I couldn't call you, Mara and I hid in the cellar and they would hear us, she was so brave, she listened to me she was as quiet as a mouse." As tears poured from her eyes, they poured from mine as well. " They busted through the doors, they had to break my arms I swear I wouldn't let her go and I didn't until they forced her from my hold, They took us to the castle, Bella, I am kept alive only to deliver this message to you that they have her, so since this is the last words of mine you will hear, know that I love you, and that every minute of my life was blessed because of you and Mara, thank Edward for trusting me with her, and I am so sorry I couldn't keep her safer, longer, Be brave beautiful Bella, be strong, Bring our little girl home, and kill these mother fuckers!" 

I saw a hand grab Emily's hair and push her head back with a dagger they sliced her throat, right before my eyes, A shrill of anger escaped my lips, I saw red! And then my father was in front of me on the screen, dagger in hand, he had a pleased look on his face, " One daughter down, one to go, come home pretty bird, come to papa!" And then nothing. 

I stared at the nothingness before me, slowly I my body withered all the way down to the floor, Edward all the while grabbing me, he fell with me as our hearts sank into a despair we had only ever dreaded, until now. They had our daughter!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!!I actually hate Aro and the whole bunch with him. I do have faith Edward and Bella will win in the end, but right now I don't see how. They seem to lose every direction they turn. I have faith in you, however, and I look forward to the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! It started so beautiful..I loved the line "His hands were like silk he made the ugly person I felt like inside beautiful."
    What a horrible thing to witness even if it was just on a screen. Her father is pure evil!! I'm scared what this will do to Bella now. If something can bring back the darkness, this is definitely it. YIKES!!

    ReplyDelete