Monday, April 16, 2012

Chapter 35 ~ Cheeky Wolf



I got to my room a bit shaken and exhausted, I hated when I let myself go like that. Plopping on the bed I grabbed a pillow and smashed it into my face and growled in frustration at myself. " God Bella get it together, you just started figuring yourself out." I vaguely heard the tap on the door, figuring it was Edward he would just waltz right in. The tap, turned into a knock and then a full on assault to the door moments later. " OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COME IN!"

I peeked from above the pillow and there was Jake arms folded leaning on the door frame with an arrogant look on his face. I just wanted to smack him, " Why the hell are you here Jake?"

" Oh I am doing fine Bella, thank you for asking, No I am not hurt by your rude outburst earlier, and sure since I am such a great guy I forgive you."

I sat up glaring at him, " I am trying desperately to remember but were you always such an asshole?"
He grinned, " Thing about not having all your marbles or puzzle pieces Bells is that people are going to fuck with your reality, but not me, so yes I have always been an asshole."

" Well thanks for the honesty at least, I hope it didn't hurt you."

He slowly walked over and bent down right in front of me, " I have always been honest with you."
One thing my memory had such a hard time with was remembering Jake, I know we fought together and I can feel in my heart that we were close but at the same time I felt anger deep in my soul with him. " I am sure you believe you have always been honest with me, and I am going to have to take you on your word because my memory is shit."

" Sometimes I wish I couldn't remember." 

His eyes went to the floor, there was great sorrow in his face. Time and this war has torn everyone apart inside. It's easy to forget when your memory has been wiped, but for everyone else the years are worn like shrouds on their bodies. " Sorry Jake."

His head shot up like he heard gunfire, " For what?"

" For not knowing why I should apologize to you in the first place."

He shrugged, " I am sure it's hard for you, and I wouldn't worry about it."

I grabbed his hand, I wasn't sure why but my body just did it, " Why Jake, Why should I apologize?"

He stared at our hands together, took his pointer and gently caressed over my knuckles, finally he leaned down and laid a tender kiss upon them. He looked at me with a smile and put my hand back onto my lap. " Focus on the future Bella, please for all of us, the past will consume you if you let it."

" Will you tell me someday?"

" We live through this and win, then.... nope, not even then."

I laughed, there was something familiar about his cheeky attitude. " OK Jake I get it."

He stood and backed up and we both abruptly stopped laughing when we saw a stone faced Edward looming at us. 

" Edward is everything alright?"

He was glaring at Jake like he was his next kill or something. Jake didn't back down, his stare was just as fierce. " Guys just chill please, let's let what happened in the kitchen go, we are all good."

It was like I wasn't in the room, So I got between them, grabbed their collars, " I'm fucking speaking, acknowledge!"

Edward looked at me quickly and then back to Jake, " Why is he in your bedroom?"

Jealous! He was Jealous, " He came to talk and smooth things over Edward." I turned to Jake, " Sure you don't want to talk about the past now?"

I could see him clenching his jaw, " Nope!" He said through gritted teeth.

Edward interjected, " Time to go Dog!"

" HEY HEY HEY, Chill out what's with the name calling?" I was stunned it seemed a little out of character for Edward to resort to childish playground bullying.

He was now glaring at me, " He shouldn't be here."

Jake was completely silent, I didn't understand really why because normally he was coming at people with witty comebacks, I just rolled my eyes. " Edward, green is an ugly color on you." A low growl came from Edward, " What the fuck?" I looked at Jake, " Hey you should go." He just nodded, slipped past me but gave Edward a shoulder check on his way out.

After he left I turned to Edward his eyes were narrowed, he could freeze water with his gaze. " Start talking Edward, NOW!"

" What do you want me to say Bella, how awesome it was to see you two so cuddly together in your room, on the bed where you and I fuck?"

The cruelty in his words, his anger was so off base. " Don't speak to me like that first of all and second, I can have anyone I want in here, and you should trust me not to FUCK anyone else!"

His hands were in fists, he was a raging man, burning inside. " Why was he here?" He asked in a angering whisper.

" Just talking, smoothing things over like I said before." 

He hung his head, " I didn't like seeing him in here with you."

" Yeah that's obvious, but why, I mean we have been traveling with him for weeks now and just now you don't like him here with me?"

He reached over and grabbed my shoulders, his was looking at me with such an intensity, " Bella, his thoughts.."

" His thoughts what Edward, tell me."

" You can't remember a lot of your past, that's good but he remembers it all, and there was a time, it was a dark time for you, we were deep in the war, we got separated, you all thought I was dead, I get it, you were out of yourself I understand I am not mad at you."

I got it, it all clicked, " Oh My God!!! Did I sleep with Jake."

" You were deep in the darkness Bella, he took total advantage of the situation, he let lust take over not sound mind."

I slinked down onto the bed, " Why would I do that?"

" Desperation, hope, but my guess was to feel anything then the anger that was sucking the life out of you."

I put my head in my hands, " I am so sorry Edward, did I tell you?"

"When I found you, you didn't have to I read his thoughts, you never denied it though, I knew how sorry you were, I also knew how sorry he wasn't."

I jumped up wrapped my arms around him, kissed every inch of his face, " I love you, I love you I love you, please know this please, I need you to."

He smiled tenderly, then took my head in his hands and kissed me passionately. " I love you My Bella, forever."


2 comments:

  1. This story is so amazing---I love it. I am so excited to see what happens next. Thank you for writing such a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohooo!! I officially don't like Jacob now. You rock!! I hate when I'm forced to like him. Lol
    Edwards jealousy is so cute though. He should know there would never be any competition between them. It will always be Edward. Jake makes
    A good pet ;p

    ReplyDelete