Monday, February 13, 2012

Chapter 25~ The Reason We Fight



Edward and I picked up our clothes, they were shredded, he was laughing and shaking his head, “What are we going to do; we can’t walk back down there like this?”

I couldn’t help but giggle, “Well maybe I can put them back together?”

He shrugs and tosses me his disheveled ensemble, I laid it flat on the rocks, I stroked the tears with an open hand, over and over, trying to picture it stitching back together.  Amazingly, the shirt began putting itself back together, then faster and faster everything connected and his clothes were new again.

He bent down and took the shirt and pants, “Outstanding,”

“It’s so weird, it’s new but it feels familiar at the same time.”

“You are referring to your powers, not the shirt right?”

I nodded, “I just hope it all returns in time” I quickly fix up my clothes and dress myself. Edward takes my hand.

“Bella, when you decide on something, it happens, when you dream it, it becomes a reality, and when you Love, the world feels saved, it will return, because you need it to.”

“You believe in me, and the others to, but maybe too much.” I began walking, Edward stops me.

“What do you mean?”

“ Edward, I couldn’t save Jasper, and that was just a couple of days ago, She knows I can’t save you all, she will strike you all down, until I have no one and I am alone, she will kill you last, I just can’t let that happen.”

“Bella, we are here because we have to be, not just because we want to be, if she wins it will be the end of us all.”

I kiss Edward, gingerly on the lips, and stroke his cheek, “I will not watch you or anyone else perish”
He grabs my shoulders forcefully and with a hint of anger he kisses me back.

When he eventually pulls away he stares into my eyes, “Don’t you go at this alone Bella, let the fear drive you and not push you away from me.”

All I could do was smile slightly, I couldn’t promise him anything, “I have no more control over what happens next anymore then you do Edward” I turn and continue down the rocks. Maggie and the others are waiting patiently for us. Emmett winks in obvious approval of the sounds he heard last night. I embarrassingly smile “Let’s go”

Edward was holding my hand tighter than usual as we walked on. His face was riddled with worry and fear. He was truly worried I was going to take this on by myself. I knew his biggest terror was my death, and Mara’s abduction. I had no words that could comfort him, I didn’t have any idea what we were going to face when this all came to a head. I looked back at the others, Rose and Emmett were hand in hand, and Maggie and Alice walked somberly. Everyone was quiet. I was trying to keep it together myself.  If they all came in contact with Moriana, Caius and the others like this they would be destroyed. Edward jolted. I turned to him he was staring straight ahead. I followed his gaze, over a small hill stood a tiny house. Two figures running around the front yard, one small the other my height. Focusing in I could see her, light red and golden tendrils bouncing and shining in the sunlight, “Mara.”

I began running, faster and faster until it almost felt like I was flying. My heart was pounding; I felt the moisture of my tears streaming down my face. Mara stopped and turned to look at me. Her face told me she knew who I was, she was beaming, she began laughing and starting racing toward me. Edward wasn’t far behind me but I knew he was giving me this moment. 

As Mara and I got closer to each other it was like our energies were pulling us together. Finally she was before me, I slowed so I wouldn’t crush her, I grabbed her and slammed her into me. Her hands, arms and legs wrapped perfectly around me. Her hair tickled my face; her scent was like pure heaven.  We were both laughing and crying. I never wanted to let go. We fell to the ground into a pile of leaves. She looked into my eyes, “I knew you would remember mama.” Her voice was like angles singing, I kissed her face, every single inch of it.

Edward was standing in front of us, his face painted with longing. Mara looked at him and smiled and jumped onto him squeezing him with every inch of strength she had. His eyes closed, I knew he was taking in every second of this moment just as I had.

I lifted myself, brushed off the leaves; Emily was hugging Jake and the others.  I watched her for a moment. I was remembering the days we played hide and go seek in the garden, the secrets we shared, and the nights when storms would roll in and we would rush to each other’s rooms for comfort that only a sister could give. Finally her eyes locked with mine. We became hysterical at the same moment.  We embraced each other, “Thank you sister for your sacrifices, I love you so much.” She kissed my cheek.

“ It was never a sacrifice Bella, I wanted to do it, you would have done it for me, Lord knows if it weren’t for you I wouldn’t even be here today, so I thank you.” 

Maggie stands beside us, “Typical sisters, martyrs the both of you are.” We laughed and continued hugging.

Alice’s voice interrupted the perfect moment, “ I think we all need to get inside,” she points to the sky, the sky was darkening and storm clouds were rolling in.

I watch the sky, “That’s not the weather, it Morina, she has found us.”


3 comments:

  1. I am happy Bella and Edward found their child alive, and I hope they can keep her alive. I am anxious to see what you have in mind for these characters. So far, it has been excellent. Thank you for this great story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This chapter made me fee sooo mushy!
    I loved when Edward said "when you love, the world feels saved" so beautiful.

    Damn that Mother of hers arriving and breaking up the moment when they were united with their daughter.

    Looking forward to the next chapter.

    P.S.
    I loved Bella's mad "sewing" skills ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this-->> "when you decide on something, it happens, when you dream it, it becomes a reality, and when you Love, the world feels saved"
    They found her!! Yay!! Such a touching moment..I had tears!!
    Damn Moriana is coming to ruin everything..grrrrr She could've given them a few moments to reunite. BITCH!! lol

    ReplyDelete