Friday, December 16, 2011

Chapter 13~ Too Many Lies



My eyes blink open, the sun creeps through the cabin window. I can feel Edward gently rub my arm. “Good Morning my love.” I smile contently at his words. “You are the best to wake up to.” He leans down and kisses my lips, I reach behind his head and grasp a fistful of hair and push him closer to me. He growls through closed occupied lips. His hand slides across my stomach, a pleased shiver dances up my spine. I lift up and straddle myself on his lap, separating from his kiss for just a moment. His arms wrap completely around me, I glide my fingers along his jawbone and back up through his hair. He fiercely grips my thighs and lifts me up and back down onto the cabin floor. I wrap my legs around him, his lips caress my neck, and his tongue follows the path of his kisses, his fingers travel over my body with intense fervor.  I am over powered with pleasure, a whisper, flees my mouth, the windows shatter, my hand pounds the ground crushing the floor of the train. The screech of the brakes has Edward on his feet in a second, “Bella, you are too strong.” I look around quickly realizing I am covered in shards of glass, I just laugh. Zafrina and the others come rushing into the cabin, “What the fuck you two, can’t you just wait until we get to a bomb shelter or something?” Zafrina says with a chime of humor in her voice.  Maggie is tapping her foot impatiently and unimpressed behind Zaf. “I am, well we are very sorry, it looks like we are going to have to get off the train now, come on Bella lets head to the back of the train.” Edward spoke so fast and we were out of the cabin before anyone else could get in their two sense.

We jump right off and quickly head into the forest before the conductor can spot us. Soon enough the train begins moving again. I can hear Zaf on her cell phone, talking to Jake and giving him our location. She is keeping out the reason we had to change our previous plans. Maggie comes up beside me, “ My sweet Bella, I understand you and Edward are eager to, well, that you need to, oh you know what I am saying, but can you just hold off just for a little while?” I wrap my arm around Maggie’s shoulder, “Sure thing Mags” Edward just chuckles.

Suddenly it felt as though the earth was shaking, I quickly looked at Edward, he just shakes his head, “It’s just Jake and his Pack, don’t worry.” We stop and turn in the direction of the thunderous sounds. Clearing over a large hill a pack of what seemed to be fifty or so wolves come charging at us. “Edward, they are going to stop right?” He steps in front of me, and Zafrina just walks toward the stampede, as they shift behind a cluster of trees. The ground stops shaking and moments later Jake and a few others come out. Zaf walks to Jake and they hug, it was so weird because I thought they were brother and sister for so long, but in truth they were no such thing. Jakes laugh is boisterous and full of nothing but happiness. It makes me realize how little he knows of the current developments. I whisper to Edward. “Did Zaf tell him anything of what’s been going on in the last little while?”  He shakes his head, “Just that you are remembering.” So many lies, and half-truths floating around, and the secrets it becomes suffocating, I clench my fists. I see red and just ram into Zaf throwing her a hundred feet and smashing into a tree. Suddenly at least ten pairs of hands are pulling me back. Jake grabs my arms, “What the hell are you doing, are you that much out of control Bella?” I grind my teeth and shake him off. “Honestly Jake, I think I am the only one in control, you all know the truth and I am learning it all over the place.” Jake turns and sees Zafrina dusting herself off and laughing. “She doesn’t seem hurt, but seriously Bells you can’t be attacking everyone who offends you.”

I growl angrily and storm off into the forest hearing Zaf’s low whispers to Jake, “It’s been a whirlwind for her, let’s go talk I will bring you up to speed.” I begin kicking rocks, realizing I didn’t care who or what they hit. “Bella are you alright?” Of course Edward would be with me no matter what psychotic behavior I manifested upon anyone.  “The secrets Edward, they never help anything they sure as hell didn’t keep me oblivious or safe for that matter.” He quickens his pace and steps in front of my path. “Bella, I wish I could explain it all in a way that made you feel better, but I can’t, what I can do is just ask you to trust me.” I roll my eyes, “I do trust you, that isn’t the issue here.” He raises his eyebrows, “OK then tell me what is the issue?” I put my hands on each side of his face, “You can read minds, and it’s beginning to make me wonder how and who has been playing with your gift.” Confusion washes over him, “What do you mean, you know that’s impossible.” 

I sit on a tree stump; fold my hands over my lap, “When you all brought me to the gypsy to reboot me who all was with you?”  He sits beside me, “Aro, Alice, Jasper, Zaf, and myself, why?” I bite my lip, my eyes taking in the beautiful scenery. “How did Caius know that Gypsies possessed a power that when multiplied I could not penetrate?”  Edward was silent for a long while, no doubt searching for an answer, but having no luck. “ When I looked through the trees Caius was there with well over a hundred Gypsies Edward, he knew without them I could liquefy  his army in seconds, which begs the next question, what powers do they have?” He places his hand on my leg, “Bella, I have fought beside these trusted few for years, I would have known if one of them were deceitful.” I clutch his hand in mine. “ You asked me to trust you, and I need you to do the same, something doesn’t make sense Edward, and before we go ahead and start pushing forward we need to know if what I suspect is true or not.”  He smiles nervously, I am sure he is angry with himself for not realizing this sooner. I wish he wouldn’t punish himself. 

Maggie comes through the bushes, “Oh thank the heavens you are both fully clothed.” Edward gives her a quick smile.  “Alright no one likes a sour puss what’s the matter?” I shrug, “Nothing Mags, just all sorts of jumbled in my head is all.” She leans down and kisses the top of my head, “ Oh now my dear don’t you fret, you are doing beautifully, now no more sulking come on the wolves prepared a feast for us, yummy yummy in our tummy.” She cackles and disappears in the trees. Edward stands and takes my hand. “We will figure this out together Bella, I promise. I smile and we head toward the mouthwatering aromas.

1 comment:

  1. I will ask a basic question...what do they eat?? lol I'm kinda worried about what they think is mouthwatering aromas ;p

    ReplyDelete