Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Chapter 4 ~ The Darkness


Pushing my pain away, I get into the shower tenderly washing my body taking notice of my bruises. Shutting the water off and dressing in the first outfit I find, all the while thinking of what I was going to say to him when we saw each other. Grabbing my bag, and racing out the door. I was unable to make it five feet without looking over my shoulder. Seeing the bus up ahead, I run faster just barely able to make it in time.  Trying to catch my breath as I take a seat, leaning my head on the glass oddly surprised how not tired I was.  Suddenly the bus stopped, the doors open I can hear the bus driver’s angry tone “This ain’t a bus stop, you don’t stand in the middle of the road you idiot” Peering over the seats I can see him enter the bus. “My apologies, it was extremely asinine of me to do such a thing, please take this for the inconvenience?”   I don’t know how much he gave the driver, but by the look on his face it was plenty to practically wash a seat for him to sit on.  He sat beside me, “I told you to meet me at the bridge” He puts his hand on mine. “I know Bella but you aren’t safe” A sarcastic laugh slipped out, “Really Edward, do you think?” 

“Bella, please not here wait till we get to my house” Lifting my head facing him, “Your house?” “Yes, it’s the only place we can talk, at the next stop get off and follow me, keep up ok?”
When the bus halted, we got off and I followed directly behind him, he rushes up the steps quickly unlocking the door.  He holds it open, “Come on, quickly” I enter the house, looking around noticing the chandelier, the oak floors and scarlet carpeting on the stairs. “Nice place”
“Yeah it’s fine, look Bella I know you have a ton of questions, but I am more interested it what you know first” The worry in his eyes was staggering. “Edward, I… “I drop my bag, “ I don’t know anything other than someone tried to kill me last night, you saved me, and Zafrina is apparently an evil psychotic room mate who wants me to disappear.”  Pursing my lips together, I try reading Edwards expressions, “Who wants me dead, and why the hell for?” 

He places his hands on my shoulders, looking deep into my eyes, like he was searching for something. “That is all you know?” Bewilderment floods my mind, “Yes Edward, now tell me why?”
Edward grabs me pulling me close to his chest, his embrace strong. It was full of desperation and need; all I could do was wrap my arms around him. “I am so sorry Bella, please forgive me?” 

“Forgive you, for what Edward?”  He pushes me back slightly, and lifts my chin with his finger, lovingly caressing my cheek with his thumb. “I’m so confused” His lips curl slightly, while the weight of the world covers the rest of his face. “I know” He puts both hands on each side of my face, tenderly he kisses my lips. Time felt like it no longer existed and warmth rushed through my entire being, his lips danced with mine, a familiar dance. Dropping my hand to his waist, he gasped then crashed his body against mine slamming us to the wall. It should have hurt but I was numb. 
  
 Suddenly we were face to face, I stared into his golden eyes, He looked like he was about to cry, but for some reason I knew he couldn’t. “Edward” He silenced my words with his lips, one hand was on my back the other still on my cheek, and then suddenly he was pulling away. “What’s wrong?”

“I won’t do this to you again, I can’t” My body and mind were completely disconnected; I was more confused than before.  “Again?” this emotional roller coaster wasn’t amusing, anger seethed through my veins. As quickly as the passion took over my body, rage replaced it. “I am getting sick and tired of these sadistic games, am I some sort of joke?” noticing Edward taking a few steps back, I advance upon him. “Is there cameras and a team of freaks watching and laughing at the poor helpless stupid girl?” He just stood staring at me, his mouth showing no sign of speaking.  My blood felt like it was boiling, everything was becoming blurry I felt like I had no control of myself.  I begin screaming at the top of my lungs fueling this madness that was consuming me from the inside out. It was powerful, addicting, but something else told me it was wrong.  Flashes of faces, feeling and places swirled around my mind. “Edward, help me”

 In my hazy state all I could see was him stepping further back from me.  My arms reached out for him, the yearning for him was intense, and confused that he was leaving me. I could taste the tears as they poured down my cheeks resting on my lips. “Why are you leaving me Edward?”
My body jolted upward, as if it were responding to a need my mind did not understand. Darkness was over coming me, something deeper was fighting it. “NO MORE, OH DEAR GOD MAKES IT STOP, EDWARD!” Turning I see swords hanging on the walls, rushing toward them and pulling them off the hinges. The darkness hurt, my heart was aching, my pulse and sobs echoed through my ears. I turn the blade of the sword to my chest. “I DON’T WANT TO DIE, PLEASE EDWARD MAKE IT STOP” My hands grabbed the handle, and with a thrust my arms pulled the sword through my heart. There was no more pain, and everything became clear. “I am Bella, I know who I am, you cannot have me” My knees crash to the ground, I slam to my side onto the floor. A figure walks toward me, stopping by my head, as if it is waiting for me to die, then my world became silent, and black.

3 comments:

  1. Woah!!! That was one intense chapter!!! What is going on?? lol You really have me hooked on this and I NEED to know what's going to happen!!! So many theories running through my head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, umm can we have chapter 5 now please? I wanna know what the hell is going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta say I'm kinda confused here. Way to totally suck me in and NEED more. Lol. I like it.

    ReplyDelete