Monday, February 6, 2012

Chapter 24 ~ The Wait Is Over


I wanted to focus and use my magic to get me to Emily and Mara, but I couldn’t transport everyone, I wasn’t that strong. I knew if I left them stranded Caius’s army and Moriana would pick them off one by one. I was responsible for them; most of them gave up everything to follow me. Some lost half of themselves fighting alongside me. I wasn’t disappearing on them now. 

We were running nonstop, Edward didn’t let my hand go for a second. We ran in perfect sync with each other.  We both kept tabs on where everyone was making sure no one got separated. Edward tugged my arm slightly, “Bella we need to stop.”

I halted immediately and crouched, looking around wondering what danger we were in now. “ No Bella, we are alright, we need to stop, the wolves need some rest.”

I rose slowly, “ Oh,” I turned to Jake who was panting, I nodded to him as he stood in his wolf form, so large and somewhat threatening even to me, “ You and your pack need to take a break, you sleep, we will watch over you.”

He responded with just gruff noise and turned scampering off under a tree; he curled up and was off to sleep quickly. The others followed Jake’s lead.

Edward brushed his hands along my shoulders, “You need sleep to Bella,”

“I am not tired Edward, I couldn’t sleep even if I was, my mind just can’t shut off.” I turned and faced him.  His eyes were so powerful to me; I wondered if he grasped the hold he had on me. When he looked at me every inch of my body felt it.

“Let’s go find a quiet spot, I will lay with you and I am sure you will be out in mere moments, don’t worry the others will watch over the pack.”

I looked over Edward’s shoulder and I saw Maggie waving me away, “Alright fine.” We walked along a narrow path that lead to the massive rocks, if you climbed them you could swear they would take you right up to the moon. So we climbed them. When we reached the top, we both lay on our backs and stared at the full moon; it was enormous, and amazing.  The moon was more powerful than humans gave it credit for, it isn’t just a source of light for weak eyes in the night, it controls force, and without it we would all cease to exist. I was in deep thought, about power, and gifts I hardly realized it began to rain. 

“Bella, do you want to go under a tree?” Edward said as his hands shielded my eyes. 

“No, I am just perfect right here,” I coyly smiled, took my pointer and glided it along his jaw bone. His body shuttered. “You can shelter me from the rain Edward.” He grinned, and I pulled him on top of me.

“Bella, you need to rest,” He wasn’t at all convincing, he was an inch from my lips, the intoxicating aroma that our energy made, made my body feel like it was on fire.

“If I die, I will rest then.” I slid my fingers through his hair, grabbing two fistfuls and crashing his lips to mine.  I had wanted him for what felt like forever, I couldn’t control myself. We began tearing each other’s clothes off, all the while not separating lips. The moon light was hitting Edwards bare, alabaster skin, a shimmer of perfection reflected off my body. His naked skin on mine made my insides scream. 

Edward opened his mouth slightly, and caressed his tongue along my bottom lip, I playfully grabbed his tongue with my teeth, and he gave a low growl. He took his hand and danced it along my leg, pausing at my hip, my body began to shiver, and using just the tips of his fingers he ventured to my inner thigh. I gripped his hair, I bit my lip, to stop myself from the loud moans, I didn’t want anyone running up here.

My soul was singing for his fingers to give me the relief I so badly needed.  He lifted his body, scooped his hand under my head, lifted me up, and it was like electricity, his lips and fingers found me at the same moment, I moaned as his tongue danced with mine and his fingers pleased every spot that desperately begged for it.

I wrapped my arm around his neck, flipping around on top of him, his body slammed against the boulder making a loud cracking sound, we just laughed, too lost in each other. I took my nails and gently scratched along his chest, he groaned as my fingers wrapped around his throbbing penis. His hands reached up caressing my breasts, my mind was a daze, I felt the darkness swirling through me, but it wasn’t fighting, it was connecting with Edward and me. I lifted my hips and slid him into me; it was as if no two beings fit better than we did. He sat up, and wrapped his arms around my entire body. The darkness encompassed us and it was as if we were hidden from the world, we moved within each other like perfection, Edward and I were one, my body exploded, every turn he turned with me. I felt everything he did, my body seized ever so slightly, he wrapped his arm around my waist pushing himself further into me, My head whipped back, I no longer could hold it in,  I moaned so loud, the bats flew from the trees. He kissed my neck, and groaned into my chest. 

I was numb, but every part of me shook, Edward, lay still on my breasts, my hands still grasping his hair. The rain turned to a light mist, and a fog rolled in, it was like a veil was covering the moon, I was entranced by the feelings that coursed through my body. 

Edward turned his head, I felt him staring at me, and all I could do was smile. He smiled right back. “You amaze me Bella, and I have never been more in love with you then this moment.”

“You are everything about me that is good, I hope you fall in love with me for the rest of our lives.”

He kissed me, not a kiss of passion, but of loss, hope and fear all wrapped into one. We had no idea what tomorrow brought, but we knew what happened to one of us, happened to us both.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful chapter, I loved it. It is so nice to see Edward and Bella, so sweet together even though they are in so much danger. I am really anxious to see what happens next. Thank you for this delightful chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy they got a few moments "together" before shit hits the fan. They are so good together...(and the sex sounds amazing)
    Loved this line-> “You are everything about me that is good, I hope you fall in love with me for the rest of our lives.” *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. Love them together. Guess they needed to relieve some stress ;)
    I hope they can hang on and be strong together to beat the evil forces that lay ahead of them.
    Looking forward to more!!

    ReplyDelete