Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Chapter 42~ No Rest For The Weary


" So we just drink this green bubbly disgusting crap and we become you?" Seth asks with his fingers pinching his nose.

" Well its a little more complicated than that Seth, you drink it sure but it only will last a few hours, however if we are all fairly close to each other I will be able to sense  when its wearing off before it happens. So if anyone is trapped hopefully I can get to you fast enough."

Edward squeezes my arm, " Bella and I will be together, so one of us will find you, right now we need to enter the castle as close to Mara as possible." 

Carlisle pulls up the blue print with all the lights. Mara is still resting, Moriana and Aro seem to be a fair distance away from her. There are few guards outside of her room. " Rose and I can totally take those fuckers outside her room." Emmett confidently exclaims.

I smile and nod, " That sounds like a perfect place to start then, but you have to enter unseen, the second they see two Bella's then the whole thing is a wash."

"Where should I be?" Esme whispers

" You are going to watch out for Aro, if you see him I will know it, My guess will be that he will attempt to touch you, DON'T LET HIM!" She nods. " Then just keep him distracted, don't let yourself get cornered or taken."

" How can I evade capture Bella?"

" Like I said I will know when he is near you, I can sense all of you especially since you are all carrying a little bit of myself in you, so I can be at your side in seconds Esme, its just vital you don't let him touch you."

" Ok, alright I can do that."

"And what about Moriana?" Zaf asks

" She is mine and no one else, she is far too powerful, but with in the castle walls her powers are severely weakened so I stand a good chance of taking her."

Jake and Seth step forward, " And us?"

Edward takes a black bag and hands it to Jake, " In this bag is a small blow torch, two actually, when we get Mara Bella and I are counting on the two of you to keep her safe, with your own lives if you have to."

Jake just glares at Edward, but as soon as he realizes his duty he softened, " I won't let anyone hurt Mara, but what are the two of you going to do?"

" Edward and I have to make sure the others stay safe, as soon as Mara is safe here, Carlisle will order the rest of everyone here to the castle."

" And then what?" Seth asks

" Then we end this!" I snap

" Thats very noble of you and all Bella, but I think as soon as Mara is back here Seth can take care of her, you need me in this fight!" Jake argued

Edward pounded his fist on the table cracking it in half,we all turned to him stunned, " We are never going to get this organized if everyone is going to argue what their jobs are, Jake the second Moriana or Aro figure out that Mara is gone they will unleash holy hell to get her back, so either stay and protect my daughter or get the fuck out of here!"

" Alright everyone lets just calm down." Seth hold up his hands and looks from Jake to Edward trying to defuse the situation. " Everything we do has a purpose, let's just do it alright Jake?"

Jake and Edward's eyes were locked, both maddening angry looks on their faces. Jake finally takes a deep breath and shifts his gaze to me, " This what you really want Bella?"

" Jake, honestly I don't want any of this but if Edward and I can't be the ones to protect Mara, then I can't think of anyone else who could protect her better than you... and Seth of course."

He just nodded

" OK great moving on..." Emmett says trying to end the great stare down. 

" So we wait until we get close to the castle before you all drink, we need it to last as long as possible, it will take seconds and its totally painless, Edward will not be drinking it." I turn to him, " SO don't you leave my fucking side!"

He smiles, " Not a chance."

"Alright then, everyone get your shit, meet us in the front in ten minutes." Everyone nods and starts organizing, I turn to Carlisle. " When Jake and Seth return release the others."

" What if they don't return?" It was a question I wish I wouldn't have to answer.

" If they don't return, if you see their light fade, send the reinforcements anyway, we need to get Mara out of there!"

He looks at me in understanding, " Please Bella, Esme is all I have."

I put my hand on his shoulder, " I promise I will watch over her, I will do everything in my power to keep her safe."

I grab my bag, Edward takes my hand and we head out of the training room to the front. 

We step outside, the breeze is cool, it dances gently through our hair. The sunflowers are giving off an amazing aroma. I feel Edward's hand slip from my grasp, I turn to him. His eyes are on fire. Every emotion is weighing on his features. He cups my face in his hands and crashes his lips to mine.

He whispers into my lips, " I love you Bella."

I close my eyes and breathe in his scent, storing it to memory, I kiss him again my tongue invading his mouth capturing his taste. " I love you Edward."

Everything we had to say to each other could never be spoken ,only felt. We love each other, we live for each other, and I knew if I died today he wouldn't be far behind. I had to keep him and everyone else safe. I could only pray that if it came down to it and I perished he would stay alive for Mara.

Our blissful embrace was abruptly severed by Emmett's booming voice, " OK fuckers lets get this show on the road, there is no rest for the weary!"

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! The big battle is close, and I am getting very nervous. I am hoping all the good guys survive while wiping out the bad guys.

    This is a great story, and I can't tell you how much I am enjoying it. Thank you for the new chapter.

    ReplyDelete