Sunday, November 20, 2011

Chapter 5 ~ Creator


The sound of music from a distance forced my attention, my eyes blinked open, everything was dim, and I could see a single line of sunlight on the ceiling. Determining it was daytime, swallowing felt like sandpaper being pushed down my throat.  Slight flashes of the madness that occupied my thoughts and body began,  running through it, the kiss, the passion that ignited a familiar passion, remembering how Edward pushed away and the slithering demonic force that surged throughout my body.  Instinctively I flinch at the memory, my leg clanging something sending it slamming to the ground.

Than a raspy like voice spoke “Well it’s about time there angel, thought you were never going wake up”, slowly turning my head to the voice, my vision slightly blurry. I try squinting, but still I’m unable to make out who it is. “Who are you?”  He begins shuffling toward me, “Don’t hurt me please” He just laughs and continues toward me. “Oh my dear, I could never do such a thing.” My arms were like jelly and I couldn’t lift myself up. “Now Bella, don’t you try and run, you won’t get very far”

“You know my name?”  The man pauses, pulling something from his pocket and continues on towards me. “I know everything about you; after all I have followed you for your whole life.” The closer he gets the clearer the image of him becomes. He holds out his hand, a picture clutched in it. Slowly he brings it to my face.  Looking at the photo, I see myself when I was a little girl, sitting on my horse, my dad behind me, his arms wrapped tightly around me. “Why do you have a picture of me and my father?” Again he chuckles. “Did you know my dad?” He says nothing, just coughs. “Yes Bella, I knew the man in this picture.”

Reaching for the photo, pulling my head up, my elbow slips slamming me back down. “You need more rest Bella, it’s not every day you come back from the dead you know.” Gingerly placing my hand on my chest, “I died, I remember, how am I?” He places the photo on my hand, sitting diagonal from me, but still out of my site. “You live, for now that is” Lifting the pasty gown, peeking under the collar, “No bandage, or wound, that makes no sense, I remember the sword plunging thorough me?” He let out a sigh, not of annoyance but like he was about to tell a story.

“You are special Bella, a masterpiece as some might say” I turn my body, resting my hand under my head, “We are all special in our own way” Again he laughs, a raspy one followed by a cough. “Are you alright?” He waves my quandary away with his hand. “Bella, when I say special I mean it, it’s not some nice thing you say to make people feel better.” I stare at the photo of me and my dad. “He died in a car accident you know?”  He didn’t say anything, “I remember we were driving home from a ski trip, this large truck carrying tree trunks was in front of us, the roads were slippery and my dad was riding the break.” A single tear slides from my eyes, “We were too close to the truck, the driver must have seen something he slammed on his breaks, my dad couldn’t stop fast enough we crashed into it.” I slam my eyes shut, the memory so clear. “ We were OK at first, my dad took off his belt, reached for mine unbuckling me, telling me to run out of the car, I tried so hard but my door was jammed. “ “He got out of the car ran around my side he was pushing like a mad person so hard, all I could do was yell for him.”

“He grabbed a rock, told me to cover my face and he broke the window, he took my arms and pulled me from the car, but the car shook the truck and the trunks came tumbling down, my dad threw me as hard as he could, I remember sliding on the road till I hit a bush, but he couldn’t get away fast enough they crushed him.” My tears flowed as the memory brought back those feelings of that horrible day.

“I am sorry for your loss Bella, but your father adored you so very much” Shaking my head in agreement, “I know he did.” The man gets up, walks to me leaning directly in front of my face, wiping my tears with his hand. I look up at him, his eyes were as red as an apple, his skin was alabaster and his hair as dark as night. “What the hell are you?” He simply smiles,” Oh dear Bella, my dear sweet child, I am your creator”

“My creator is God, what the hell are you?” Feeling some of my strength returning, I push his hand away from my face. “Bella, please you need to remain calm, or you..”  My eyes flash to him, “Or I’ll what?” He steps back, sitting in the chair again. “You will summon the darkness again my dear.” Sliding my fingers through my hair, furrowing my brow, “What darkness, can you explain to me what happened to me before and for my sanity why the fuck do you look like that?”  He presses his hands together, again takes a deep breath in. “For your safety I cannot tell you of your past, and for your sanity I will spare you the information on what I am.” Angrily punching the metal table I was sitting on, making a large dent. I lift my hand, “That should hurt,” I look at my fist, “No bruises,” The man sits staring at me, his lips curl with amusement. “This is funny to you?”  He waves both hands, “On the contrary my dear, it’s sad really that a remarkable creature like you has no idea what she is capable of.” 

“Well then why don’t you enlighten me then oh masterful creator?” His chuckle is slightly maniacal, “You are a firecracker, just as I remembered you.”  Pursing my lips together, “OK this is getting old; at least tell me your name?” He nods, “Fair enough my name is Aro” Biting my lip, “Alright Aro, and I assume you fixed me up right?” He shakes his head, “Great now if you can go get Edward so I can get going and find out what is going on that would be wonderful.”

“Bella, I am sorry but you can’t see Edward any longer, the fact that the two of you met up again was strictly forbidden.” I hop off the table, “Forbidden, look you have a God complex possibly daddy issues, get me my clothes I am leaving on my own then.”  He points toward a closet, quickly rummaging through seeing only dresses and high heeled shoes. “These aren’t my things” Pulling out the clothes staring at Aro, flustered. “No your clothes were covered in blood therefore my assistant Alice replaced them.”  Tossing the clothes on the table,” Fine, get out so I can change” He exits quickly, and I dress myself fast, exiting out the door Aro left from. He smiles at me. “You are stunning Bella, truly” 

“Thank the Gods that you like it, for what would I do if my creator was unsatisfied” He hands me a set of keys and a piece of paper. “Take these keys, you will find the car at the front of the building and go to this address, there Alice will meet you and get you settled.” Shaking my head in agreement “I am only going in hopes I will get some answers, not because you want me to” Aro, smiles gingerly lifts my hand and kisses it softly. “Do come back to visit my dear”  

“Sure it’s on my to do list” I rush out the door seeing this silver sports car, clearly expensive but fast. “Perfect, that will get me to where I need to go” Clicking the button to unlock the door, I hop in. The thunderous rumble of the engine makes me laugh, looking at the address Aro gave me and typing it in to the GPS. Once its set I drive off.

3 comments:

  1. I would be freaking out if I were her. I'm even more confused now though. *scratches head* so why wasn't she supposed to meet Edward again?? What is really going on??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cheryl, I would be freaking out also. I can't imagine what is going on, but I am liking the story so far. I will be happy when Edward returns, because we know Edward and Bella have to be together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be so freaked! And why can't Edward be there! HE needs to save her.... like now

    ReplyDelete