Monday, November 7, 2011

Chapter One, The Beginning

Thumbing through the pages of Mrs.Cullen's lengthy report I roll my eyes at the numerous grammatical errors. (This is going to take me forever to retype) feeling a tug on my pony tail, I jerk my head up. “Hey there book worm whatcha up to?" Smiling feeling inferior to the statuesque beauty of Zafrina my roommate and cover model of this month’s Denali's Diva Magazine. “Hello Ebony goddess." We both chuckle, her laugh sincere mine purely fake. “Seriously, Bella are you going to stick around all night or can we actually do something this evening?" I shrug “I doubt it Zaf, I have to have this on Tanya, I mean Mrs. Cullen’s desk by 9am." Zafrina grabs the report, I quickly try and reach for it but her arms are immensely longer than mine, making my effort pointless. “Come on Zaf no joking I need those"

“No Bella, you are going to let loose tonight and tell the Tyrant you received nothing as of 5 pm when you left" Shaking my head and sighing. “Zaf she personally handed it to me at 4:30 that will never work." Looking up I see a devilish grin on Zafrina's face as she walks to the paper shredder. “NO ZAF DON'T" Racing toward her leaping for the report, she quickly switches hands. “Let it go for tonight Bella and I won't rip up your future" I slump over. “Fine Zaf “shaking my head, “ I will work on it early in the morning just slip it in my desk" Zaf victoriously strides to the desk placing the report in the top drawer and locking it. "Great lets go" Watching her slip the key in her bra. “Yeah great Zaf lets go"
******************************************************************************


As I was sitting on the subway headed to some horribly loud dance club, I stared at my reflection in the window. “ Zaf, I look stupid” Immediately feeling a jab to my arm. “Ouch” Zafrina grabs my face turning it toward hers.” Bella, you are truly a blind child” Quickly pulling my face from her grasp.” No I see clearly, you are bias because you love me” Flashing a childish grin in her direction. “True Bells, I am but if you think you are not beautiful you are mistaken.” Biting my lip, and furrowing my brow. “Spare me Zaf, seriously.” I see Zafrina in the corner of my eye shifting in her seat. “ Mr.Cullen stares at you Bells, like really stares at you.” Nervous laughter escapes my lips. “You are high if you think Edwa.. Mr.Cullen looks at me in any other way then pity.” “ I have seen the look of pity, his eyes say hot damn I want some of that.” We both burst out laughing. “Yep, you’re high as predicted”
******************************************************************************

Stepping off the terminal walking beside Zafrina, my lips curl in amusement as every man eyes her. (This works out actually, no one sees me) Zaf grabs my arm. “This way Bells come on” Looking up at the sign. “Oh Zaf, really?” Pointing at the name “It’s called Titalating Charlie’s” She just giggles and pulls me along. Hesitantly entering, immediately covering my nose “ What the hell is that smell?” Zaf leans in “it’s called fun Bell’s just embrace it” All of a sudden a wet sensation covers my back “ What the fuck, what asshole” Turning, I froze looking up into those golden eyes. I have seen a million times over the last two years. My gapping mouth slammed shut by Zafrina’s hand. “Well, good evening Mr. Cullen, what brings you to this neck of the woods?”  My mind was a blank canvas, just a barren wasteland. I watched as he separated his lips to speak. The tip of his tongue brushing lightly over his top lip, his smile was perfection. “ I know the owner actually” Zafrina’s poking my back is what brought me out of my frozen state. But, it was zombie like, all I could muster was, “sure knowing people is good.”  He chuckles slightly “Yes, Miss. Swan, it’s good to see you leave the office for once” “Well, thank Zaf, otherwise I would still be there” Zafrina places her hand on our shoulders” Well, I am going to go upstairs, you kids have fun” turning looking at Zaf, desperately.” What, go, where, but we I’m here because of you” Again an amusement escapes Edwards lips “Go on ahead Zafrina, Miss. Swan can I buy you a drink?” Zaf just smiles and within a flash is gone. (Note to self, bleach her darks) “Please Mr. Cullen call me Bella” “Sure, but in return you call me Edward” startled by the request I slipped on a wet napkin on the floor, jolting backward. “Shit” suddenly a cold embrace, crashing my face into Edward’s chest. Opening my eyes slowly, inhaling his scent, and sheepishly looking up his eyes bearing down on me. “I , I am so sorry Edward” He just smiles “ Just glad I caught you, I shudder to think what is on this floor” Instinctively my gaze falls to the floor, just to be lifted by his finger. “How about that drink Bella?”  Nodding, with an appreciative smile “OK what do they have here?” Edward simply signals’ the bartender and he rushes over. “Yes, Mr. Cullen what can I get for you?” “Actually bring some champagne to my booth upstairs please” I can see the bartender’s judgmental look as he glances at me. “Edward, that is not necessary, just a beer and then I have to go, I have a lot of work ahead of me”

Edward simply chuckled reached over the bar grabbing a beer and handing it to me. “Here you go you drink that and I will drink the champagne” All I could do was smile coyly and gingerly take the beer. My eyes were unable to keep his gaze, but every inch of my body wanted to press itself against him.  The bartender placed two flutes on the bar. “You go on up Mr. Cullen I will have Maggie bring up your champagne." As I followed Edward up the narrow steps I could hear the mumbles from the strangers we passed.  “Edward, I really think its best I head home, I appreciate the beer but..” He turned abruptly his smile silencing my rant. “Right this way Bella” He pulled back a crimson curtain revealing a plush booth with what looked like a golden table.  It stood out in a place like this.  “Please have a seat, Bella” As if my body was no longer in sync with my brain I numbly sat down. Edward sat across from me , staring deeply into my eyes while shutting the curtain with one hand. “ Now Bella, lets talk about what’s really going on here”

5 comments:

  1. Omg what IS really going on??
    He sounds like a genuinely nice guy here. Bella needs to stop being a workaholic and enjoy herself!! Did Zafrina totally set her up here?? *jumpy claps*

    Great start bb. It definitely has me wanting more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it so far!! Can't wait to know what their conversation is going to be about!! I think this is the first fic I've read where Rose or Alice wasn't Bella's roommate! It's nice to have it changed up!! :) Update soon and don't leave me hanging!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to read more and see where this goes. I wanna know "what's really going on here". Ahhh can't wait to you write more. *claps*

    ReplyDelete
  4. My interest is caught. What is going on? I can't wait to find out. Thank you for this great start, and I am looking forward to the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete