Monday, November 28, 2011

Chapter 7- Who Am I


My head was spinning, but not in confusion but in understanding. Alice was telling me a story that was full of only truths, this I knew. Staring at the floor, as flashes of memories begin to force their way through, but all so jumbled, I can hear the hums of a maiden comforting me to slumber, I can see birds flying around a veranda I know I stood on. The scent of orchids and honeysuckle even now wrinkle my nose with pleasant thoughts. The sweet blissful memories quickly subside and infernos, tears, mayhem and death now cloud my mind. My body jerks slightly, “Oh Alice I’m remembering” I shift my eyes to meet her gaze; her face is full of worry, and a familiar voice echoes through the cabin, “If she remembers, then preparations will be required, are you sure Aro wanted her to know?”

 My head turns a man with an emotionless expression, walks into the living room, and sits directly next to Alice. My body begins to relax, the thoughts disappear and calm devours me. “I know you, well I mean I remember your, oh what’s the word?” He interrupts my blubbering “My gift Bella, you remember my gift” I nod slightly concentrating on his face, “Why do I feel sadness when I look at you?” He holds his hand out, “My name is Jasper, I was one of the soldiers Aro sent to train you when you came of age, ring any bells?”  I shake my head, and trembling I take his hand in mine, the despair almost suffocates me I pull away immediately. “Oh God what have I done to you Jasper?”

His body stiffens, “You are not only remembering, you are feeling as well, Alice the others must come immediately” Alice rises from the ottoman and is on the phone in seconds. “Jasper, I feel it you know, the darkness” He nods, “You are unable to control it, a constant battle, one that was forced upon you” I look to my fingers, noticing I have scraped all my nail polish from them. “I beg of you to tell me what I am capable of, what I have done, please Jasper, what am I fighting?” He scoots over to sit directly in front of me. “You were a beautiful baby Bella, harmless but even as a child you drew people, creatures anything in, there was nothing anyone wouldn’t do for you.” My palms sweat, I rub them on my pants back and forth over and over, nervous about what Jaspers words are about to uncover. “You wouldn’t hurt a fly, Aro was amazed by you how someone bred from such dark evil could be so pure, he never knew what he and Moriana would make he suspected greatness, but accepted ordinary because he too would have done anything for you.”  As Jasper speaks I remember sitting in a garden laughing as grasshoppers danced around me, and Aro laughed and clapped along with my happiness. “Caius stayed away from you, he suspected it would not last, he was right.” My heart beats faster; I can feel it in my throat. “With Aro being enamored by everything you did, he lost sight of what the future held for you, it wasn’t until Marcus asked Aro to let Alice read you that Aro saw what was in store for you.” I take a few breaths, “So Alice was finally able to see again, I mean get her visions I mean?” he gives a sort of half smile, but it disappears fast. “Within the confines of the castle gifts did not work unless it was allowed, so Aro allowed Alice to read you, and so she did.” My eyes widen, taking in every syllable of Jaspers words. “She saw at the age of eighteen, the darkness would overcome you, the thirst of what your father is and the power of what your mother was would extinguish everything pure and innocent about you and you would become the most evil creature this world had ever seen, many would die at your hands, others would be forced to bow before you, no one would be able to stop you and you would destroy everything.” 

It took only a moment to realize Jasper was staring at me in silence and Alice had dropped the phone. “What, what is it why are you staring at me?” Jasper gingerly places a finger below my eyes, when he removes it, it’s covered in blood, instinctively I put both hands to my eyes and again blood soaks my hands, I frantically race to the nearest mirror, the reflection is frightening, the tears I shed were no longer clear but crimson, the irises of my eyes were black with flecks of red intertwined. “What is happening to me?”  From a distance Alice answers my question, “The darkness, it's remembering to”

2 comments:

  1. Holy Shit!! She's gotta be totally freaking out now!! So they made her forget everything, who she is/was and her entire past so she wouldn't be evil?? Dun dun dun!!
    So are they telling her now to see what will happen or...I'm still kinda confused how she's like over 100 years old and knows nothing...doesn't she wonder why she hasn't aged?? Or do they keep reinventing her into new lives???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm with Cheryl!! I have sooo many questions that need to be answered!! lol

    ReplyDelete