Thursday, July 19, 2012

Chapter 45 ~ Dismantle



I turned instantly and caught Edward's eyes on mine. A wicked grin spread across his face and all I could do was mirror his reaction. Caius was dead, the end was so close.

" We need to find Esme." I said. He nodded and grabbed my hand and we ran through the corridors. I could feel the power fading I knew the potion wasn't going to last much longer and if I didn't find her before it wore off it was going to make it difficult for me to locate her. " Faster Edward we are running out of time."

We heard a blood curdling scream come from behind us and we back tracked. We came to a set of gold doors. Edward didn't hesitate he rammed that door with all his strength.

The sight before us almost brought me to my knees. Esme was tied to a chair, she was dressed in a wedding gown. Edward went to run to her but I gripped his arm. " No!"

He was confused so I pointed up. Two large flame throwers were aimed to where Esme sat. " Its a trap." I said.

Esme's eyes held no fear, that was why I stopped feeling it. She didn't care if she perished today only that this ended with the dismantling of this castle and this empire.
" Hey Esme," I whispered. " We are going to get you out of here, I made a promise."

She simply shook her head. " Bella, there is no one here, we can break her out of here." Edward's voice was desperate.

" If you go to her you both die, just wait."

" Wait for what exactly?" He asked.

Just when I was about to answer a voice broke through, " For us most likely."

We turned and saw Aro and Moriana standing in the doorway directly behind us. Instinctively I jumped in front of Edward.

" Oh how sweet." Moriana said, her voice filled with disdain.

" Oh don't be jealous mother, just because the man I open my legs for actually loves me doesn't mean there isn't hope for you." I began laughing. " Well I guess there really is no hope for you, after today you'll be the devils bitch."

Her eyes narrowed and her mouth widened, " How dare you speak to me like that you...." 

Aro cut her off. " Now now my dear our daughter is clearly experiencing some anger issues. Can you blame her, you HAVE monopolized her emotions quite a lot."

Were they serious, I looked at Edward who had the same confused look on his face. " Can't you read their minds Edward?" I asked.

He shook his head, " Their blocking me somehow."

Moriana was quick she placed her hand on Edward's shoulder, " Don't even try to pry, it is useless." Her voice was like nails on a chalk board to me.

" Remove your hand from my shoulder." He said in a feral growl.

She menacingly chuckled, " You can do nothing to me," She looked over to me. " But she might have found her darkness after all."

" Let Esme go." I looked at Aro. " You have me and Edward here now let her go." I didn't want to but I was desperate, I had to free her from here, there was no guarantee I could spare her if she was too close to this, so I added.. " Please father."

I felt Edward's grip on my hand tighten.

" Oh my darling Isabella, I do love when you call that." He approached me slowly and slipped his hand into my free one and brought it to his lips. " I would give you the world if you would let me my daughter."

" I don't want the world, unlike you I just want peace, so I am asking you as my father, please let her go." I didn't let my gaze fall from his. I needed him to see that no matter what was agreed upon today that was non negotiable. 

He let out an unnecessary but annoyed breath. " Isabella, you have brought an army to my door step, they have killed a majority of my own army, this will never end peacefully so tell me why is Esme's life of any importance?"

" I don't plan on losing Aro, I am hopeful to get out with high numbers on my side, her life." I pointed to Esme. " Is not up for negotiation, she goes or we stop talking."

He looked over my shoulder to Esme, " Very well, she may go." With that two guards entered and began untying her. She leaps up and runs to me.

" Bella, Edward you should have left me I am not a bargaining tool." Esme said in a pleading voice.

" Get out of here Esme, go to Carlise, do it now." I looked at Moriana, " She gets out alive." She simply shrugged.

" Esme, Leave." I yelled at her, she growled angrily but quickly bolted for the door and with in seconds was racing back to Carlise.

After Esme left, Edward and I took a few steps back. It was the four of us, face to face. " Finally" I whispered.

" My sweet Isabella, I am not sure what things we need to iron out, you have what I need, there is nothing else to discuss." Aro stated.

I shook my head, " Mara is safe, and you can't have a drop of my blood, game over father, all that is left is the THE END in this twisted bed time story." 

He laughed, " You are so certain?"

I nodded, " Yes."

" So what you want to fight it out?" Moriana asked.

Edward shrugged, " Fight or you could surrender and die peacefully."

With that Moriana was laughing hysterically, " Oh my heavens, you are a comedian aren't you?"

I kept my eyes locked on Aro, I was enraged. His gaze didn't leave my own either. Edward and Moriana were simply prolonging the inevitable. Aro and I knew this. We weren't all leaving this room.

I clasped my hands together, and spoke, " I have made an Executive Decision, due to a fall in the financial uprising of this here establishment, the board of directors, namely me and Edward have decided your services are no longer required."

I saw a grim smile play on Aro's lips, " You are firing us?" He asked playfully.

" In a manner of speaking." I said as I again took a few more steps back.

" And what does the termination agreement state?" He asked clearly amused my show.

" Just that you go out in a blaze of glory really, and who am I to disappoint."

I saw as his eyes flicker to Moriana, she was slowly inching towards me. 

" I wouldn't come any further if I were you mother." She just gave me a pleasing smile.

" Very well." I took Edward's hand more firmly and pulled him close to me, " Trust me?" I whispered to him.

" of course." It was simple and all I needed to hear.

" OK, remember the arena?" He nodded. " Good so you remember, don't move!"

I gave my parent's one last look and right as realization hit Moriana's face I knew I won, it was too late for them, she knew it. " Rot in Hell!"

I raised my finger towards the flamethrowers mounted on the ceiling with all the power I could muster I pointed and shot the flames directly at them.

They engulfed us all but I was able to protect Edward and me, I shielded us in the happiness of my mind. It was always where my power found its greatest strength. It was something Moriana never had, she was darkness, I was light, she was evil I was good. The good outweighed the bad. 

Edward had his eyes slammed shut, I turned to my parents, their screams were glass shattering, they were frozen and burning all at the same time. I didn't know why they thought they could defeat me, or where their gypsies were with all their amazing powers of protection. Perhaps they assumed they were invincible.

It was sweet justice watching them crumble to ash by their own weapons, they sealed their own fate and never even knew it.

Thousands of years and finally they dismantled, they had lost!

2 comments:

  1. All of a sudden I heard Bon Jovi's "Blaze of Glory" play in my head...lol
    Well played, Bella!! I can breathe easier knowing Esme and everyone is safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that, seeing Bella come into her own. I was happy she was able to save her daughter, as well as Esme. I was glad to see the end to Aro, and Bella's mother, they deserved it. Thank you for this chapter.

    ReplyDelete