Monday, December 5, 2011

Chapter 10~ The Twins


Maggie’s back was in the shape of a perfect arch, her eyes were squeezed so tightly I thought they might shatter, she was no longer screaming, the pain had her in a torturous silence. There was no darkness in Maggie that could come to the surface to save her, no power that could match the twins. Everyone was either looking away from Maggie and the twins, or staring at her, sympathetic to her plight. I knew this was not the first time I had seen these twins use their gifts on others; they were masters of their craft, manipulators to the elements that encompassed them. No one in this cabin was budging, if vampires could sweat they would all be doing so. 

I wasn’t sure what to do but deep within myself the darkness can feel my anguish and it whispers its blissful melodic tune.  Warmth overcomes me as my hands spread before Maggie’s bedeviled vessel.  I inhale her suffering, and lift the ache from inside her. The twins notice their powers being challenged, I can tell by the stomping of the foot the little girl gives.  I stare at the boy as he tenderly places his hand on his sister’s shoulder and curls his lips in an unmerciful smile, and adjusts his sights onto me. I can see him release his gift, knowing others see nothing. I quickly glance at Edward, as he stands close beside me, his eyes carry much worry, but not for him, I know he fears what will happen to me. 

 The boy’s gift is rather remarkable and through my eyes looks like a black veil pouring out from within him, slow moving, searching for its victim. Beautiful if it was not so terrifying.  A paralyzing mist, leaving its prey helpless to whatever madness that should be ordered upon it. You can’t run from it, you cannot yell for help, there is no bright light to be seen or reassuring words to be heard. If it gets you the only thing you know for sure is that your time on this earth has come to an end. That is the power this boy possesses, a rare, debilitating, threatening gift.

I try to ignore the boy’s gift until I know the girl has released Maggie from her grasp. His frightening fog lingers, as if waiting for me to give it the attention it deserves. I can see Maggie opening her eyes, and focus them onto my face. I give her a comforting smile and lift her up, “Edward please help her to the couch?” He takes Maggie in his arms and places her on the plush sofa. Seeing Maggie is alright, I turn my attention to the boy, “I suppose you want a go?” He nods, folds his arms behind his back, tilts his chin up a look of satisfaction is painted all over his face. “Remember, there is always a bigger fish Alec, I hope you can swim fast.” He gives a slight chuckle, and his veil rushes toward me, spinning around me like whirlwind, but never touching, the scent was like burning lavender, his gift did not threaten me, nor could it penetrate what I am. He knew this by the wide grin on his face. All he wanted to do was distract me, give him enough time to keep me preoccupied so his sister could get Edward in a shell of misery. “Release him Bitch!” She ignores me pushing her pain upon him further, his screams tear through me like shards of glass, and the darkness reacts. It peels through every layer with amazing stride, I can feel its potency, and how little control I had over it. It had a mind all its own, knowing what it had to do, all I did was will it and open the gate.  It shredded the veil, freeing me. My skin was on fire, I could hear the darkness shrill, and suddenly I was afraid of myself. It was as if I was standing over myself, watching. My body charged the girl, slamming her to the ground; Alec was immediately on my back trying to rip my arms off.  Suddenly Alec was being tossed over my body, and out of the cabin. Like a stampede others chased after him. I tightened my hands around Jane’s neck, she was clawing at my face, and I jolt her up crashing her through the ceiling. I rush out side, leaped to the roof and caught her before she fell.. Pulling her arms behind her, staring in to her eyes, “Either you are a stupid girl, or you have amnesia, how do you not realize what I can do to you?” 

She growls, and uselessly tries to break free of my grasp, “You had to know Caius was going to send for you Bella.” His name sends waves of anger up my spine, “But to send two worthless little children to capture me, he is losing his touch.” She begins, to giggle, “Oh Bella, I guess you don’t have ALL your memories back do you?”  I clench my jaw, readying to squeeze her head right off, when her giggling turns to full blown laughter. “What about this moment is funny to you Jane?” She simply lifts her arm, and extends her pointer finger, directing it behind me. I turn to see through the forest, beyond the trees and past a river, at least five hundred vampires and gypsies all in a perfect line, and in its center on raven colored war horse, the fair haired TriLord himself. “Caius!” Jane stops laughing, “You didn’t think he would send us to retrieve you alone do you?” A hiss slips through my lips. “What was that you said to my brother Bella?” She smiles, “Oh yeah, I remember, there is always a bigger fish, so can you swim?”

4 comments:

  1. I have so many mixed feelings about this story. It started out normally, and now I cannot figure out what is going on. I do not want Bella to be some dark person, and Edward claims to love her, but he is married. I know you can pull this off, and I am looking forward to seeing the solution. I will continue to hope for a happy ending. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine mixed feelings would be exactly what you would be feeling right now. In Chapter 8 it explained Edward and Tanya and who she was to him. The purpose of the story starting out fairly generic was to show how normal and unaware Bella was of the power she possess and for the readers to rediscover it with her. I hope you enjoy the story. But with anything not everyone will favor the entire story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't Bella more powerful than Caius?? Can't she destroy a whole shitload of vamps at once?? But now her dark side is back...I'm scared!! Maybe she can still be good but only use her powers when necessary?? Hold me!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. One word.....WOW! Ok, bring on the vamp army!!! I have faith that Bella will destroy them all!

    ReplyDelete