Thursday, January 5, 2012

Chapter 17~ Mommy Dearest


We tossed the bodies in a large ditch; Jasper lit a match and threw it in. The purple flames rose a good fifty feet in the air. “We best get moving the authorities will be coming soon,” Maggie said as she pulled my arm. “Yeah you’re right let’s go.” I lightly shook Maggie’s hand off and grabbed Edward’s instead. I waited until the others were a good deal ahead of us and whispered to Edward, “I need to talk to you.”

“OK Bella, you can talk go ahead what’s going on with you?”

I shook my head, “Not here, I need to talk to you alone, just trust me please?” He nodded

“Of course Bella, after we set up camp for the wolves we can take a walk, get out of ear shot.”

“Perfect,” We walked for a good five hours, finally Jake stopped, “OK I need to rest let’s take a break.” We found a hidden piece of land buried deep in the woods. As tired as I was I knew I had to get away with Edward and talk to him. Edward pulled me close, “Bella and I are going to take a quick walk around, check the perimeter” The others shrugged, they didn’t seem to care. 

We climbed atop a large hill keeping the campsite in out sites Edward tenderly stroked my cheek, “Now that we are far from the others, please tell me what’s going on.”

His touch sent a shiver up my spine, but I had to focus so I took his hand in mine, and gazed into his perfect copper eyes. “I saw my mother.” He took a step back.

“What, like in a dream?” 

I shook my head, staring at him knowing that he was desperately trying to make sense of my words. “Bella, that isn’t possible, it must have been a vision or something.”

“No Edward, when we reached the hill where Caius’s people were, she froze time she came to me, she knew I needed her, it is the path I am on it all wrong.” My words began over lapping I was talking incredibly fast; Edward placed his hands on my shoulders.

“Bella darling, calm down you are saying you saw your mother, that you saw Moriana?”
I took a deep breath, “Yes you heard me right, and it wasn’t a vision it wasn’t a dream I didn’t hit my head, she was here.”

He just glared into my eyes, trying to find sense in the chaos. “ Edward, she told me Alice was not what she seemed, Caius tortured her for years because of me, no one can know she lives.”

“None of this makes any sense Bella, I believe you but,” He trailed off. I knew he was realizing all the things that had gone through my head a million times already. “Bella, this changes everything.”

“Edward, I am going to kill Alice, She is a liar, she is a murderer, and I think all those years ago when I hid Mara and Emily and had my mind erased, it had nothing to do with Caius forcing me to tell him, it had to do with the fact that as long as I knew Alice would know also.” 

“Bella, how does that explain how I didn’t read her mind and know what she was up to?”  He began sliding his fingers through his hair, and pacing.

“Edward, she is working for Caius, I wouldn’t be surprised if she has been gifted with some gypsy magic, I have no idea, but I know that she has a fierce power behind her, no doubt given to her to fight me if she had to.” Edward turned to me, brought his face to mine.

“If she so much as looks at you wrong I will tear off her arms and impale her with them.” I gingerly kissed his lips. 

“You just keep listening to her thoughts; we need to get Jasper away from her, if he knew he would be a problem.”

“ Bella, how do you know your mother isn’t setting you up, what if Caius got to her, we need to think clearly and I know that the thought of your mother being alive inspires you to avenge all the wrongs, but we need to sort all this out.”

“I don’t know Edward, but I felt her it was like we connected, I don’t think she could lie if she wanted to.” 

His eyes were full of fury, his face painted with the anger and hurt only loved ones who have been deceitful to you could create. “I am sorry Edward, I know this is hard to hear and I wish you could feel the truth that fills my veins.”

“I want to believe this Bella, I want to because you do, but Moriana is very powerful and I fear she has manifested some kind of magic with in you.”

(He didn’t believe me) “You are questioning this?”

“I don’t want to, but something just doesn’t feel right about all this.”

I couldn’t understand the doubt Edward had; inside I was sure that Moriana’s words were truthful. I had my own feeling about Alice’s actions to begin with. “Alright Edward, then I will have to prove it to you.”

“How are you going to do that, you are only just learning.”

“No Edward I have always known what’s inside me I am only just rediscovering it, I have a sneaking suspicion that once I call on the magic it will get in step with my intentions.”
A flustered sigh escapes his lips, “Bella, I don’t know what to do here, I feel like we are being attacked at every turn.”

“Because we are Edward, and we need to trust each other, and if proving to you that Alice is up to no good here then that is what I will do, but let me.”
After a few seconds he shakes his head, “OK I won’t interfere, but I hope you aren’t wrong.”

4 comments:

  1. So many twists and turns. I like it, and I never know what is coming next. I look forward to your next chapter. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Edward and Bella. They just can't catch a break. I didn't suspect Alice, wow. Very intriguing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Alice is the bad guy, huh? Some
    Many twist. Really all they can trust is each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Edward...he must be so torn. So much so quickly for Bella to deal with. She never knew her mother but believes her so quickly?? She must have felt a very strong connection.
    I'm blown away that you made Alice bad...I don't think I've ever read a story where Alice was evil...I kinda like it...lol

    ReplyDelete