Friday, January 20, 2012

Chapter 20 ~ The Long Kiss Goodbye


The sun streamed in through the windows in the living room. Edward and I had just laid there drowning in the pain that had pushed us this far. We would have stayed just like that but the front door crashed open,  a loud sigh of disgust echoed through the corridors , Edward lifted his head peering over the top of the couch, “ Oh shit, I cannot believe Stephanie called her.”
I lifted and turned slightly seeing a stunning woman with long blond hair, blood red lips, the same copper eyes Edward has. She was like a goddess; she wore a burgundy dress and matching shoes. Behind her was an enormously muscular and rather threating looking man. He plopped down four suitcases with a thunderous bang. Suddenly the familiar clicking sound of Stephanie’s shoes were heard before she even appeared before them. “You didn’t have any trouble finding the place did you Rose?” She chimed with laughter.

“Very funny Stephanie, why have you called me here to this dreadful place?”
I couldn’t understand why she would think this castle of amazing magic was awful, I look at Edward confused. He just rolled his eyes and shook his head as if to dismiss her ramblings. “It’s far from dreadful Rose,” The masculine one spoke.

“Yes yes Emmett but you are happy in a cave so your opinion isn’t important, now please don’t prolong this, why are we here?”

Her bitchy attitude was angering me, Edward placed his hand over top of mine and just gave me that look, it was the ‘don’t do anything’ look. I just nodded. “Well Rose I called you here because as turns out Aro has been killed, Bella is regaining memory and this war that we hoped would fade into the dark has seen some light.” Rose immediately perked up, and anxiously began looking around until her eyes locked with mine. 

“Well sweet Jesus, this is a fucking disaster, did she mention where Mara is or Emily, anything?”
I slid my hand from Edwards gentle grasp and stood, “She is standing right here, Rose you can talk to it” I said with a hint of anger.

“Oh please don’t give me attitude sweetheart, you might be able to turn me to mush in a blink of an eye but when it come to the art of bitchiness, I dominate,” and she flicked her hand at me and turned her attention to Stephanie.

“You might find a lot of things have changed since we last met,” I had not remembered ever meeting her or Emmett but I had assumed she would just think I had.

Her cocky laughter made me just want to slap her,” Met?” she just went on laughing. “We never met, we never even spoke, Aro never felt I was worthy of your company I fought from a distance, which was fine by me.”

Edward stood, “That’s enough Rosalie, obviously Stephanie feels you can be of some use to us. So let’s get it done with.”

Stephanie chimed in, “Yes, I figured Emmett would be good protection for you and Rose could convince you to talk of Aro’s final moments.”

Her persistence was ridiculous, why was she so hell bent on having Edward relive that, “ I don’t know how Rose can convince him to do anything, but she will do no such thing or I swear Stephanie I will turn into something not even your gift can hide you from.”

I felt the anger seething through my being, I tried to keep it under control but it was too powerful and the chandelier above our head exploded and crashed to the ground right before us.  I immediately felt Edward’s hands on my arms, “breathe Bella, please calm down.” I took a few breathes and began to relax.

“You weren’t kidding Stephanie she is remembering, and regaining, she reminds me of her mother.” I whipped my head around and glared at Rose.

“You better hope I am better than her, because if she finds this place she will tear you all apart.” All four of them stared at me, and I realized they too had no idea my mother was still alive. “Yeah that’s right she is still alive and skulking around.”

Rose stepped forward and starred me down, “And you used your power, are you an idiot?” I had no idea what that had to do with anything.

“Yes, did you miss it Rose, want me to break something else to show you, your face perhaps?” Rose looks at Edward and fast approaches him slamming him against the wall.

“You are stupid just the same Edward, if you knew Moriana was alive, you ALL OF YOU should have told her never to use her magic.” Edward pushed off against the wall.

“I didn’t tell her because it wouldn’t matter Rose, she can’t help herself, she has little if any control over it, and don’t you ever push me again.”

She growled and looked at me, “Your power is like a calling card to those connected to you, you use it and she can locate you, it wouldn’t matter if you were on Mars, she would find you.”

Alice and Jasper entered the living room in time to hear Rose’s last words Jasper began trying to calm the room, but it wasn’t working, I turned to Edward his face was like a ghost, he looked as if he was looking at a train head on. I looked around the room everyone began falling to the ground, all but me, and I knew in that moment Rose was right, my mother had found us.

All the windows crashed, glass flew everywhere, a dark mist flew inside, it whipped around into a cyclone, spinning and spinning, I could smell her everywhere. It slowly dissipated and there she was in all her magnificence, “Well hello daughter.” My heart felt like it was going to choke me, I was trying to think hard of what I could do but I couldn’t think. I ran to Edward and stood in front of him, blocking him from whatever she tried to do, but she just laughed.

“Killing him wouldn’t really help my cause right now, however, I do want something from you and you clearly aren’t going to give it up very easily so.” She tapped her chin, slid her long black nail into her mouth slightly and glided it cross her lips; she began walking around the room. My eyes locked with each she passed. I didn’t know what I could do to stop her but I knew I would do everything I could.

I felt helpless, and full of fear, I knew she was in tuned to my emotions just as I was with her, and she was confident void of any fear. She paused behind Emmett, danced her hand across his broad shoulders, he just closed his eyes in anticipation, but again she just laughed, “This is a fun game, who will I kill to remind Bella I don’t mess around?”

“You don’t have to kill anyone mother, just take me and let’s end this please.” She raced ferociously at me, her face inches from mine.

“Oh I will have you my dear, in time but I want my granddaughter first, and I just don’t think you will ever give her to me, so let me show you what happens when I don’t get my way.” She turned faced Rosalie, “take notes bitch.”

She grabbed Jasper by the throat, Alice’s scream was piercing, I tried to muster any power I could, the fire place ignited and a wave of flame reached for Moriana, she looked at it smiled and blew it out as easy as a birthday candle. She looked at me waggled her finger, “don’t treat mommy like that child.” I felt defeat, I saw Jasper helpless, his face covered in terror.  She pulled his face to hers, “Don’t be afraid Jas, it will be fast, I always did like you.” Edward pushed past me slamming into Moriana, she grabbed him and tossed him across the room. “Why are you all being like this I was going to give him a good bye kiss first.” Whatever Rose’s gift was she was trying it, Moriana looked at her, “Sorry Princess you aren’t going to convince me to change my mind,” Stephanie was shifting the room trying to manipulate fire around Moriana but she didn’t even flinch. She pulled Jasper even closer to her. “Goodbye sweet boy.” She crashed her lips to his, black veins spider webbed across his face through his body. His body stiffened, she separated her lips from him, smiled and bit her tongue raven colored blood dripped from her chin, she danced her bloody tongue across Jaspers lips, it was the last and final blow. The kiss of death, his body seized and began to turn to ash. When it looked like his whole body was a statue, she dropped him and he crumbled into a million pieces. “There, have I gotten through to you daughter?”

I was frozen, staring at Jaspers ashes; Alice was catatonic, her hands grasping the sand that was once her beloved. “What did you think that would accomplish?”

She grinned, her blackened blood covered her teeth, “first off it was fun, but perhaps next time it will be someone who means more to you, where is Mara?”

“Even if I knew I would never tell you, you can’t have her, you are not entitled to her love, so you can just go fuck yourself.” The rage inside of me was amazing and empowering and I could see on her face she felt it to, she took a few steps back, and I knew I was stronger. “I might not be able to beat you today Mother, but I will beat you, you will fall.”

“And I will return to see that my daughter, but it will be me looking over your dead body.” With a blink she disappeared. 

We all rushed to Alice, who was huddled and rocking just grasping Jasper’s ashes, you didn’t need to have my gift to feel her pain.

5 comments:

  1. Bella's mother is a total bitch and needs to learn a lesson, hopefully from Bella. This story is fantastic and has many twists and turns. Thank you for writing this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I love this story Mer! So good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Jasper. Bella's Mom is quite the biatch. Another great chapter. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sniff sniff* Poor Jasper...I'm glad I didn't form a bond with your Jasper or I'd be a mess...lol
    Mommy dearest is a total raging bitch!! She's so damn powerful, I'm kinda scared. Hope Bella can figure out how to defeat her!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am speechless, honestly I al so happy you all are loving this story thank you

    ReplyDelete