Monday, February 27, 2012

Chapter 27~ A Woman Scorned


Normally I would have found it odd that Moriana and the twins were travelling back to the Castle using cars and planes, but I was overcome with an almost maddening depression. I sat in the back seat of a stretched limo, Jane and Alec on either side of me, Moriana sat across from me just staring at my face. I glared down at the interior, my mind wandering, thinking about Edward, Mara, Emily and all of them in the cellar. 

I guess I always knew this could end badly, but the hope was if the worst outcome was to be had, it would only be my own death not Mara’s, not Edward’s, not my family. 

“Isabella my dear are you hungry?” Moriana’s tone was almost motherly. It irritated me even more. I wouldn’t even acknowledge her question. Alec elbowed my ribs. A low growl escaped my lips.

“Touch me again you rabid tween and I will turn your body into ash.” He chuckled; a hint of nervousness in it gave me slight joy.

The car entered an airport; I watched the freshly falling rain stream along the window. Alec stepped out onto the tarmac and walked to a small jet and quickly boarded. “This is our next stop my dear.” Moriana cheerfully said.

Again without a word, I slid across the seat and got out of the car. I stood briefly in the rain, lifting my face to the sky, remembering the night I had with Edward on the mountain. I was happier now more than ever I was able to have that memory with him. Jane pushed my back to get me moving. I turned to her, “Seriously what is the deal with you shitheads, are you unaware of what I can do to you?” She just rolled her eyes and walked onto the plane.

Moriana gently took my arm, guiding me to the plane, “I know you are angry with me Isabella, but when you have been around as long as I have you begin to prioritize.” 

I pushed her hand from me, “How would I know this, how will I ever even know what life truly feels like, you had me to kill me, you are sadistic, you are the devil, no part of you is right.”

She smiled only briefly, “Child, you were never supposed to procreate, but you did, and I am happy you were able to have that moment to cherish, but everything must end.”

“ Yes, I have felt love, true once in a forever kind of love,” I got an inch from her face, “ My father never loved you, when he touched you he only felt disdain, disgust that he even needed a lesser being to achieve the amazing, and that amazing is me not you.”

It was that moment when she instinctively slapped my face, I knew she felt, she bled like the rest of us, her war raged not because she wanted to conquer the world, because she wanted to destroy the one thing that meant anything to the only person she ever loved, Aro.  The clarity made me break out in laughter. “All this for a scorned love, Mother?”

She grabbed my arms and violently shook me, “Shut your mouth you asinine child, your words will cost you a great deal.”

“Like what, let’s see, like my daughter or the man I love, no no wait I know my sister?” I smirked, “No, you are already going to kill them so fuck you.”

She shoved me against the plane making a small dent, “Might want to watch your temper mommy dearest, unless you don’t feel like using this particular plane?” I gleefully hopped on board leaving her to stew for a bit. Took a seat, jokingly buckled my seatbelt, looked up at Alec who was watching me curiously, “Gotta put my belt on, you wouldn’t want any of my blood to spill prematurely now would you?”

Moriana eventually boarded she sat with her back to me, no longer making eye contact with me. Something interesting happened, I hit a button, found a weakness maybe? Something didn’t make any sense though. Why destroy me? It wasn’t like it would affect Aro, he was dead, and she could no longer hurt him. I stared out the window; my heart was tingling, like a million butterflies were kissing it. I took a deep breath and I smelled Mara. My eyes widened, I looked nervously around the tarmac for her, but saw nothing.  I looked at Alec, Jane, and Moriana, none of them were reacting. I figured I just was missing her.

I rested my head on the seat as the plane began rolling, I closed my eyes, and like a breeze I heard her, “Mama, can you hear me?” 

Again I felt fear, and then I realized she was trying to communicate with me. I thought of her face, the adorable dimples in her cheeks, her jeweled eyes, “ I can hear you my darling, mommy can hear you.”

“Mommy, we are coming for you, do not be scared.”

“Mara, no you can’t you need to tell daddy that is the plan, she is hoping you come so she can take you too, you are safe there, please stay.”

“I am not strong like you mama, I cannot force them to listen to me, they are coming for you.”
“They, you mean you are staying?”

“Yes, I stay with Emily and a few of the wolves, I know she wants me, I can see what she has said to you, mama?”

“Yes sweetheart?”

“I am so afraid.”

“Hush now my sweet, don’t you worry, I won’t let anyone hurt you.”

“Mama, I feel what you feel, when we hugged we joined, you feel fear to.”

“Only for you, but I am happy you are staying safe, you near a bed?”

“Yes”

“Go lay down, I will hum you a song, it is the same song my father would hum to me so I would sleep.”

I began humming the same song Aro sang to me when he tried to calm me, I concentrated on Mara’s breaths, I felt her calm down, just as the plane lifted into the clouds, I continued to hum even long after she was asleep. I looked At Moriana, I could see her nails digging into the arm of her seat, and she was gritting her teeth. It was the song, it angered her. I knew she had dipped into my mind and heard me humming it, I decided to think it no more and started humming it loudly.

She tore the arm clean off the seat, lifted from her seat and turned to me, not thinking she slammed the arm rest at my head, “SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOU AND YOUR FATHER AND THAT GOD DAMN SONG!”

I could see by Jane and Alec’s sudden head jerks at Moriana’s words; she had said something she should not have. “Mommy, I think you angered the twins.”

Moriana quickly composed herself, looked at them giving them a reassuring nod. “No more humming, anyone.”

She took a different seat, this time I could see the profile of her face, her cheek and eye were twitching, and she was losing it. What had her so angry?

Aro really had broken her, he was like the Joker and she was like Harley Quinn. The thought made me smile. “He really did a number on you Moriana, seriously you should have just let the scorned memories die with him.”

She slammed her eyes closed, like she was trying to block me out, or something out. The whole situation had my mind in knots. Something was going on, and by the anguish on her face I knew I was right. She was trying to block me out. She didn’t want me reading her thoughts. She was hiding something from me. Her eyes flashed open. “Stay out of my head Isabella, I swear I will give you pain like you never dreamed possible.”

I had no idea how to read her thoughts; I didn’t know how to penetrate the shield she had up. “For now mother, but I am an impatient person.”  I watched out the window as we ascended higher in the sky, the clouds below us, I began to doze , thinking of Mara and her scent, and her words, soon I was asleep.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that she can communicate with Mara.
    It's nice to see Moriana squirm a bit when Bella stands up to her.
    Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mereeeeeeeeeee..... i dunno what to say. So much win in this chappy! I loved it and cant waitttttttttt for another update bb. Loved the Mara bit & JFC, Edward is cumminnnnnnnnnnnnn. Moriana will get whats coming, just wait. But I cant wait, omggggg. Great great great work bb. ILY & see u next time. luffs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, she's hitting a sore spot with mommy, eh?? Good for her!! That was awesome she can keep in contact with Mara, though I'm worried Moriana will interfere with that soon... on to the next chapter. This is so good!!

    ReplyDelete